Certificates and authorizations issued following a specific bureaucratic procedure are required for the import of most products into Russia. In the first phase, the applicant (producer or importer with a registered office in the Russian Federation) must submit an application to an accredited certification body for the performance of these services.
A series of mandatory documents are attached to this application: copies of the applicant’s constituent documents, product documents (technical or design documentation, based on which the production of products is carried out). After receiving the application, the certification center decides the progress (or refusal) of the evaluation work.
In the event of a favorable decision, a certification scheme is chosen, together with the applicant, and the product samples are analyzed. The analysis of the samples sent is carried out in accredited laboratories, where an official report is prepared, which forms the basis for a declaration or a certificate of conformity.
It is worth noting that an authorization document for products can be issued in any region of the Russian Federation. Also, certification can be obtained regardless of the geographical location of the certification body and the manufacturer or importer of products. Of course, it can be challenging to understand all the certification rules yourself. Still, by contacting the specialists of “Online Russia,” you will receive the necessary information regarding the certification of your products. We will guide you through the process of obtaining authorizations and certificates, enabling your business to export and sell in Russia.
Certificate of Conformity GOST R.
This certificate is included in the list of mandatory documentation to confirm the quality of products or services in the GOST R system and can be quite tricky to obtain.
The certification is regulated by the federal law of 27 December 2002 n. 184-ФЗ “Technical regulation” and by the government decree of 1 December 2009 n. 982 “On the approval of a single list of products subject to mandatory certification and a single list of products, the conformity of which is carried out in the form of acceptance of declarations of conformity.”
Any Russian manufacturer, as well as an importer, is eligible for this document. All certificates and other materials must be archived by the manufacturer or importer present in the Russian Federation. The applicant is required to present them or indicate the registration number and all documentation upon request of the federal executive body authorized to exercise state control (supervision).
The following products are subject to registration of the Certificate of Conformity in the GOST R system:
- Filters for air purification;
- Doors for sports games.
Steps that must be passed to obtain this type of certification:
- Request to the certification body for certification and preparation of the necessary document package;
- Appointment of a responsible expert;
- Formulation of the certification scheme;
- Definition of OKPD 2, TN VED, GOST codes, certification scheme;
- Inspection of the production plant. Visit of the expert if necessary;
- Sampling, drafting of an act, laboratory tests;
- Evaluation of the results of the examination, expert opinion;
- Issuing of a certificate (declaration).
There is also the so-called voluntary certification of goods and services, which reflects the declarative principle of using the services of specialists of the certification body. Obtaining an optional GOST R certificate is a direct confirmation that independent experts have verified the company’s products or services and that their quality indicators are recognized as conforming to the quality standard. The availability of a voluntary certificate significantly increases the value and status of goods and services offered.
Declaration of Conformity in the GOST R System
The legislation regulates the list of products that must be tested before entering the market and defines the rules and systems to confirm the quality of this list. The goods that require confirmation of conformity in the form of acceptance of a declaration of conformity are determined by the unified register of products approved by the decree of the government of the Russian Federation of 01.12.2009 n. 982.
Any Russian manufacturer, as well as an importer, is eligible to receive this document. It is mandatory to issue a declaration of conformity in the GOST R system for the following products:
- Cutlery and plates;
- Mineral fertilizers and feed;
- Household chemicals and household products;
- Painting materials;
- Shaving accessories;
- Rechargeable batteries;
- Medical equipment;
- Double-glazed windows and plywood;
- Matches, paper, and products for domestic use.
TR TS Customs Union Declaration of Conformity.
The Declaration of Conformity of the Customs Union (TS) is a document that provides a series of procedures to confirm the quality of the goods, following which the conformity of the products to the requirements of a specific TS technical regulation is confirmed. The declaration of conformity issued by the Customs Union is obligatorily recorded in the electronic register, where it is possible to check whether the authorized body has issued this declaration of conformity, whether valid or suspended. The declaration number is registered in the general register. This procedure is permitted to be implemented only by a certification body included in the unified register of TS. For products subject to mandatory certification within the Customs Union, a certificate of conformity can be issued on the territory of the Customs Union – in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, or Armenia.
Therefore, an organization that has a TS certificate of conformity has the opportunity to import goods into the territory of these five states.
The main types of TR TS:
- TR TS 004/2011 (on the safety of low voltage equipment) ;
- TR TS 005/2011 (on the safety and conformity of packaging);
- TR TS 007/2011 (on the safety of products for children and adolescents);
- TR TS 008/2011 (on the safety of toys);
- TR TS 009/2011 (on the safety of perfumes and cosmetics);
- TR TS 010/2011 (on the safety of machinery and equipment);
- TR TS 011/2011 (on the safety of lifts);
- TR TS 014/2011 (on road safety );
- TR TS 015/2011 (on the safety of cereals);
- TR TS 016/2011 (on the safety of vehicles that run on gaseous fuels);
- TR TS 017/2011 (on the safety of light industry products);
- TR TS 018/2011 (on the safety of wheeled vehicles);
- TR TS 019/2011 (on the safety of personal protective equipment);
- TR TS 020/2011 (Electromagnetic compatibility of vehicles);
- TR TS 021/2011 (on food safety);
- TR TS 022/2011 (on food safety with labeling);
- TR TS 023/2011 (on fruit and vegetable juice safety);
- TR TS 024/2011 (on the safety of petroleum products and lubricants);
- TR TS 025/2012 (on the safety of furniture products);
- TR TS 029/2012 (safety requirements for food additives, flavorings);
- TR TS 032/2013 (on the safety of equipment operating at high pressure);
- TR TS 033/2013 (on the safety of dairy products);
- TR TS 034/2013 (on the safety of meat products);
- TR TS 035/2014 (On the safety of tobacco products);
- TR TS 044/2017 (on the safety of bottled drinking water, including natural mineral water).
Procedure for Obtaining This Type of Permit:
- Application to the certification body with the presentation of a package of documents;
- Appointment of an expert in charge of the process;
- Make certification decisions;
- Definition of OKPD 2, TN FEA, GOST codes, and certification schemes;
- Audit of the production plant (with an expert visit);
- Sampling, development of an act, test;
- Evaluation of the examination results (with the implementation of corrective measures, if necessary);
- Issuing of a certificate (declaration).
Health and Epidemiological Certificate (Hygiene Certificate):
The epidemiological certification confirms that the products, the type of activity, or the technical conditions comply with the established health and hygiene standards and standards. The health certificate is issued for five years. The health and epidemiological report are published by the territorial departments of the Federal Service for the supervision of the protection of consumer rights and human well-being. The list of products subject to health and epidemiological competences is determined following the Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation n. 776 of 21 November 2005. “On the sanitary-epidemiological examination of the products.”
Documents Required to Obtain a Hygiene Certificate:
Related to the Client-Importer:
- Constituent documents (certificate of registration of legal persons, certificate of tax registration, statistical codes);
- Foreign quality certificates (if any);
- MSDS Safety Data Sheet (for perfumes and cosmetics, chemicals);
- Product description/catalog.
Relative to the Manufacturer (Abroad):
- Constituent documents (certificate of registration of legal persons, certificate of tax registration, statistical codes) of the Russian applicant company;
- Power of attorney of the producer;
- Manufacturer’s certificate (if any).
You can find out the requirements that apply to one or another type of products, raw materials, or materials, as well as the production times of the documents by contacting the Online Russia certification center, who will advise you on all matters related to the certification procedure for your products.
Letter of Exemption from Certification.
This optional certification exemption letter confirms that the certification procedure is not required for specific products. It is released to allow customs clearance, and for the sale of particular products in the Russian Federation. This document is issued by an accredited certification body, which is committed to preparing authorizations.
A letter of exemption for customs is written on a special form and sealed with a seal. According to Russian law, goods that are imported into the territory of the Russian Federation without a quality assessment procedure include the following groups: previously used products, spare parts for products that have been previously certified, test batches, products for members of foreign delegations and personal property of citizens.
For these products, it is not necessary to issue certificates and declarations of conformity. Concerning these products, an exemption letter for the certification of the goods must be issued.
Exemption letters are divided into letters for customs, trade, fire safety, an exemption letter from Rospotebnadzor, and Rostekhnadzor. The specialists in our company will advise you on any questions that may arise. They will also help you receive an exemption letter and tell which authorization document is needed.
You can calculate the cost of the necessary authorizations and certifications by contacting us on the telephone number +7 916-254-11-11 or through the contact form. We have been engaged in bureaucratic procedures of any complexity since 2014. The assistance of “Online Russia” is synonymous with quality and guaranteed results.
Contact us for more information about services.
Do not take risks; failure to comply with the obligations and certification procedures can cost dearly!
The sale of products subject to mandatory confirmation of conformity without permits entails the imposition of an administrative fine and the arrest (removal) of the goods from the circulation!
(Penal Code of the Russian Federation Article 238. “Production, storage, transportation or sale of goods and products, execution of works or provision of services that do not meet the safety requirements.”)
For officials from 20,000 to 40,000 rubles; for legal entities – from 100,000 to 300,000 rubles.